Last month, the biggest event in the known video game universe descended on Boston, bringing developers, publishers, and gamers from all over the world to our fair city. Over the three day event, nearly 100,000 attendees flooded the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, temporarily making Boston officially the game-iest, StreetPass-iest, city in the world. We jumped in, head first, to try and cover the insanity and spread the filth of 8Bit Proof.
This episode features:
- A special guest co-host.
- Detailed descriptions of our hands on time with Diablo 3 on PS3, The Elder Scrolls Online, Ducktales Remastered, The Last of Us, State of Decay, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and more.
- Our interpretations of the exclusive video footage we witnessed of Watchdogs, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Saint’s Row IV.
- Our impressions of PAX East Indie games, some great, some not-so-great.
- Our favorite Cosplayer interactions.
- The winner of the “Tell Us What To Do at PAX” contest is declared and a free copy of Skyrim is given out.
Tattered, bruised, defeated, and drunk, we recorded two mini-shows, one each night, and combined them into one full PAX East episode. Because we love you guys, and because we know you enjoy hearing our misery, we fought off exhaustion and slapped together our very first “on location” episode. Enjoy!
(Please note that this episode of 8Bit Proof originally aired on April 5, 2013, on BlastMagazine.com. Therefore, the majority of the subject matter may be a bit dated, and references to our home website and its staff are no longer accurate. Also, any entries received for contests mentioned during this particular episode are no longer valid (duh). However we do love listener participation, so anything we receive will be kindly mentioned during the taping of the newest edition of the podcast.)
If you’re into watching people drink and play games, why not check out our new Twitch Channel? When our blood alcohol level is high enough, we give out prizes!
You probably want iTunes to automatically beam the latest episode of 8Bit Proof directly to your podcast listening device, right? Well then, why not subscribe?
Get real time updates about future posts directly on your device, subscribe now.