Some lucky NeoGaf user got his/her hands on an advance copy of the next Game Informer magazine and posted some information about Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation, set to release the same day as Assassin’s Creed 3 (October 30).
This game will not tie into the story of Desmond, but will be a true Assassin’s Creed experience, according to Game Informer. Liberation will star a female protagonist named Aveline and will be set in New Orleans.
Here is what we know about the game so far, thanks to the NeoGaf user:
- It’s out same day as AC3 (October 30)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place between 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a Templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players “across the Gulf into Mexico”
Look for more information Monday at Ubisoft’s E3 press conference.
(Via Shop to News)