With Ubisoft’s latest Assassin’s Creed title ‘Valhalla’, you will explore the Norse universe, discovering the life and mythology that characterized the Vikings. For those who are approaching the AC saga for the very first time, I strongly suggest that you read this Assassin’s Creed Valhalla fishing and stamina guide.
This guide will explain in just a few steps what you need to know before approaching the title when it comes to improving your fishing techniques and the way you make use of your stamina bar. In this new chapter you are in the shoes of Eivor, a Viking from Scandinavia grappling with the conquest of English territories.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, set in the 9th century, once again underlines its nature as an open world RPG title. The world created by Ubisoft is full of activities, characters to interact with, and missions that will allow you to forge your protagonist with all the most powerful weapons and builds.
Before starting to fish, you will first have to build a fishing hut. To do this, you must first have your settlement at level 2. Later you can build the fishing hut by spending 600 provisions and 45 raw materials. The latter consist of catching a certain type of fish or a set of four fish at a time.
You can talk with Arth, who will explain to you the different types of fish that can be caught and what rewards you will earn by catching them. Now you can start to show off your skills. To begin, take out the fishing rod. With the fishing rod equipped, press L2 to aim, and then R2 to throw it in the water. Now release R2 and hold down L2. When you hear the controller vibrate, the fish has taken the bite.
From here to pull it up, just keep pressing X and direct the fish with the left analog stick. You will have to pay attention to the “stress” bar in the meantime. When it turns red, loosen your grip. Once you get the fish, it will automatically be added to your inventory and you can either sell it for silver or send it to the fishing hut. Below you can see all the fishing locations in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Halibut: Coasts of Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire.
- Shad: Coasts of Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Lincoln.
- Haddock: Coasts of East Anglia, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire.
- Cod: Coasts of East Anglia, Cent, Essexe.
- Perch: Rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire, Sciropescire, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Snotinghamscire.
- Eel: Rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxenefordscire, Sciropescire.
- Bullhead: Rivers of Ledecestrescire, Grantebridgescire, East Anglia, Oxnefordscire, Sciropescire, Essexe, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Glowecestrescire, Snotinghamscire.
- Brown Trout: Rivers of Ledecestrescire,Sciropescire, Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Glowecestrescire, Snotinghamscire.
- Flatfish: Coasts of Cent, Essexe, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Bream: Coasts of Cent, Essexe, Sutsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Bollock: Rivers of Cent, Essexe, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Burbot: RIvers of Oxenefordscire, Cent, Sciropescire, Suthsexe, Glowecestrescire, Hamtunscire.
- Salmon: Rivers of Lincolnscire, Eurvicscire, Snotinghamscire.
- Grey Trout: Rivers of Cent, Essexe, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Sturgeon: Rivers and seas around Cent, Suthsexe, Hamtunscire.
- Redfish: Seas of Rygafylke and Hordafylke.
- Mackerel: Seas of Rygafylke and Hordafylke.
- Hake: Rygafylke and Hordafylke.
- Arctic Char: Seas of Rygafylke and Hordafylke.
Over the years, the simple gameplay that characterized the first few chapters has undergone a notable change. Even if it is not yet at an important level, the introduction of the stamina bar improves the combat system. Contrary to what happens in Dark Souls where the stamina was subject to your every action, here the situation is different. In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you have two types of attack available: the light one and the heavy one.
The former will not affect your stamina, although missing an opponent with a light attack will make it diminish imperceptibly. The heavy attack, on the other hand, will drain all of your bar, as it happens for dodges and parries. You will therefore have to pay close attention to your style of play and try not to get too tired or you will be vulnerable to attacks from the enemies.
However, the situation is not as desperate as one might think. Regaining stamina in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is very simple. This will gradually increase by itself, but there is also a second way, much faster, and more fun. All you have to do is hit your enemies with light attacks. The more hits you hit, the more energy you’ll recover.
The most obvious combat strategy will therefore be to hit with heavy attacks at first and then recharge your stamina bar with light attacks. However, some opponents will require heavy attacks or parries to break their defense and make them vulnerable. It will therefore be important to study a good strategy to manage stamina wisely and recover it alongside the fight.
Was my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla fishing and stamina guide useful, or is something missing? Please let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below, or make sure to read my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla review.