BlazBlue fans can rejoice as the latest arcade fighting game is making its way to Western shores. BlazBlue: Central Fiction, or BlazBlue: Centralfiction as it is referred to in Japan, was previously only announced to be coming to PlayStation 4 and PS3 this Fall for Japanese audiences. At MomoCon in Atlanta, Aksys Games announced that they would be bringing the fighting game to North America in the winter of 2016.
The fighting game contains a story mode that will take over 40 hours to complete with fully animated cutscenes, the series’ signature 2D sprites against 3D environments, and five new fighters. Other new features include:
- “Exceed Accel” and “Active Flow” battle systems
- New levels and level variations
- A revamped user interface that will be more intuitive and completely redesigned
- A team construction mode called “Alliance Mode”
- A place to use in-game currency known as “Item Shop Mode”. The currency will be used to purchase loot.
- And finally, “Speed Star Mode” will let players try to defeat CPU opponents during a specified time limit.
The arcade game has been out in Japan since November of 2015. The console versions of the game appeared on Amazon prior to Aksys Games’s announcement of the localization, and touts over 60 different stages for battling in, as well as over 30 characters.