BloodRayne is a series that, much like its protagonist, refuses to die. The recent remasters of BloodRayne 1 and 2, titled the Terminal Cut editions, just received their final update. This ultimate update brought some further enhancements to the remasters. This final major update was recently announced by publisher Ziggurat Interactive.
The new ultimate updates to the Terminal Cut editions adds a plethora of enhancements. These editions already feature upscaled cinematics, controller support and improved rendering. In addition, the updated editions are even free for owners of the original games. The final ultimate updates include the following additions:
- Updated visuals.
- Audio enhancements.
- Localization fixes.
- Gameplay balances.
- Steam: Trading cards, badges and emoticon support.
- GOG: HD wallpapers are available as a bonus.
- BloodRayne: Terminal Cut
- Enemy textures restores to their original console aesthetic.
- Japanese voice acting and subtitles.
- Rendering improvements to water and misc textures.
- Misc bug fixes.
- BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut
- Rebalanced the Ephemera boss fight.
- Restored missing music and audio.
- Bonus materials have improved graphical fidelity.
- Improved Russian localization.
- Misc bug fixes.
Nazi Hunting Vampire
The third-person action games introduced gamers to Rayne. A femme fatale vampire who spent her time feeding on Nazi blood and kicking the ass of supernatural forces standing in her way. The games feature a unique protagonist, speedy combat and a global adventure.
In the early 2000s, BloodRayne became a true cross media franchise. In addition, it received movie adaptions (of questionable quality) and comic books. So if you want the best way to experience these games, the Terminal Cut remasters might be the way to go.
BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are available on Steam and GOG for 40% off at the moment. Furthermore, the Ultimate Update is available for free for those who already own these games.
What are your thoughts on BloodRayne’s new Terminal Cut update? Let us know in the comments!