In an age where indie games used to be regarded as the new kid on the block to now plaguing the Steam library with mediocre titles… those days are over, well at least for a short period. We have here a brutally gory title by the name of “Redeemer”.
Created by a company of 5 employees, Sobaka Studio, is based in Moscow and Kaliningrad Russia with other friends and partners, (including myself which I’ll talk about in the video,) from across the world.
Their goal with Redeemer was to “create challenging action games with a lot of fun and juicy gameplay”. Have they succeeded in their goal?
Let’s take a look.
Source: YouTube Review
- Outstanding performance... when you turn shadows down
- Satisfyingly meaty combat
- Combat was enjoyable
- Difficult levels
- Over the top shadow detail causes framerate issues
- Visible Xbox controller layout when using PC controls
- Contradicting narrative
- Badly designed final boss fight