Brigitte, the 27th playable character for Overwatch, has been announced; and Blizzard has detailed all of the skills she brings to the game. According to Blizzard, Brigitte is an “an engineer with peerless armor-constructing abilities,” and they will carry through in her abilities on the battlefield. Her primary weapon is the Rocket Flail, which has an extended range and can smash multiple opponents at once.
Brigitte also acts as a defensive character, utilizing her Barrier Shield to nullify damage to any teammates directly behind her. You can check out the characters origin video above, which details how, and why, she became an engineer. The video also goes through what exactly led her to be on the battlefield. In regards her extensive skill set, and what exactly she brings to Overwatch, players can expect:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Inspire – When Brigitte hits enemies with her flail, she also heals nearby allies over time.
- Rally – Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
As detailed in her origin video, the character sees the engineers who craft the heroes’ equipment as heroes in their own right, leading her to want to follow in their footsteps. Players can expect Brigitte to turn up on Overwatch in the next few weeks.