A new NieR game has been announced at Square Enix’s E3 conference.
The next NieR game will be developed by PlatinumGames, the studio who is behind Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Even though it is early in development, Square Enix released a trailer during the conference. The new NieR will be PlayStation 4 exclusive.
The developers behind the project include:
- Yosuke Saito – the producer of the game who has worked on Dragon Quest X and NieR.
- Yoko Taro – The director who previously has developed Drakengard and NieR.
- Akihiko Yoshida – The character designer who has been a part of Final Fantasy XIV and Bravely Default.
- Takahisa Taura – A game designer from PlatinumGames, who has worked on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
- Keiichi Okabe – The composer who has written the music for Tekken, Drakengard, and NieR.
According to Square Enix, “PlatinumGames Inc. will be amplifying the action-oriented combat and building a beautifully diverse visual experience that will fully harness the graphical power of the PlayStation 4.”
The game has no release date, but there will be more information given about the game this Fall.
Via Press Release