The first date is always nerve-racking; not knowing how to improvise and follow your partner’s boundaries adds to this pressure. We all want to leave the best first impression on a potential love interest. How well you execute the first date depends significantly on how well the planning is done.
If your date is a gaming enthusiast and tft rank distribution and so are you, the best first date idea will be to play competitive online games especially considering the times we’re in now with the pandemic on the loose and social distancing at its peak. Don’t have a date? No problem. Even during COVID-19 breakout, you can date and find love. We prepared the list of games that will be interesting for you and your new partner from askme4date.com and your first date will be successful.
Pros of Having a “Gaming” First Date
1. Staying Safe
The first and foremost benefit of online gaming on a first date is the social distancing aspect. Meeting in person is dangerous and irresponsible. You are putting both your and your date’s life in danger by going out. Another plus is expenses you save as there is hardly any cost involved with online gaming sessions.
Dinner date night out adds unnecessary pressure. In such cases, it’s of no surprise if you break under it or modify your behavior in a way that is out of the ordinary. Nobody wants to give off a fake first impression, which is why online gaming is the best choice; even if you try to keep a front, your personality shines through eventually.
Cons of Having the First Date at a Game
1. Offline Difficulty Sets to “Hard Mode”
As things settle and begin to get serious, you can’t expect your dating life to remain isolated behind a screen. This is where gaming and dating online can cause problems. You will have a hard time getting yourself mentally prepared and accustomed to meeting in person; this might translate to awkwardness. Now you have to act as yourself, not your online persona.
2. Less Personal
Gaming sessions are more about gaming and winning rather than conversing and getting to know one another. Most dates are meant for getting deep and discussing life. Online dating sessions require your sole attention to the gameplay, making it impossible to focus on having a meaningful conversation.
3. Forgetting Boundaries
In online gaming, as the game progresses and heats up during team play and tactic, someone will lose their calm. This isn’t the ideal scenario for a first date. Under no circumstances, you’d want to be the one yelling on top of your lungs or, worse, swearing. As they say first impression is the last impression. Don’t lose your cool; show your skill, and you’re good to go.
Top-5 Games for Esports Dating
Can’t decide what games to play during your first Esports dating session? Don’t worry; we’ve got your covered. Selecting any game to play from the list below will guarantee a fun time for both your partner and you.
- League of Legends – multiplayer online battle arena, or so-called “MOBA.” Select a hero with a set of unique abilities, counter enemy’s heroes, work on your tactic, and destroy the enemy’s base. Work alongside your partner or against them in this gaming phenomenon from Riot Games.
- StarCraft II – the last cult real-time strategy game from the legendary Blizzard studio – build a base, gather recourses, and crush your opponents with an iron fist of your army. That’s where “Zerg rush” comes from, and it’s still a viable tactic. Form an alliance or try to find weak sides in your date’s defense!
- Overwatch – probably the best game for an Esports date on the list. Another great option from Blizzard, this bright, colorful first-person shooter offers dozens of unique heroes. This provides you with different gameplay mechanics each time you enter the arena. Find out who’s the favorite hero for your date and stay away from Hanzo main.
- Dota 2 – this MOBA is just as good as League, but made by Valve. It’s a question of preference, so if you’re a Dota fan and your partner likes LoL, then play each other’s favorites and discuss what you liked and whatnot.
- Rainbow Six Siege – this fast-paced spec-ops FPS from Ubisoft is a great start to a night! Play a few quick sessions, and then talk all night long discussing the operatives (“heroes”) in the game. But if you’re the camper: we’ll get you next time!
Play With Someone Special – Date Online
If you don’t have a partner, no problem; turn your attention to your gaming buddies. Other options are going to social media or online matchmaking platforms. Gone are the days when you were considered a loser if you couldn’t interact in person. Arranging and conducting a date online is now the go-to option for most people, regardless of age, due to its ease. Now you can play with someone special without stepping out of your house.
Select a gaming partner from a large pool of people, all with various interests and hobbies. Consider anyone who’s feeling like they need a mate – both in life and in play, they’d definitely be open to trying out gaming sessions. Your partner doesn’t have to belong to the gaming community; you can plant a seed of love for gaming in them.
Take this pandemic as an opportunity to make the most of a new relationship and gaming sessions that come with it; you never know, this might turn into the permanent new norm for society.
This article contains sponsored links.