Square Enix has announced the release date for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood’s newest update, Under The Moonlight, as well as announcing a number of details for the expansion. The anticipated patch is set to introduce the next chapter of the Ivalice 24-man raid series alongside new quests, trial and dungeon, and much more.
Square Enix has also released a new trailer for the patch, which you can see below. Key content that Under The Moonlight will bring to the game includes:
- New Main Scenario Quests; The Stormblood storyline continues in the far-eastern land of Doma.
- More Sidequests
- New 24-man Alliance Raid’ The second chapter of the popular Return to Ivalice series takes players to the Ridorana Lighthouse.
- A new Trial and Dungeon
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Namazu – A new series focused on quests for the Disciples of the Hand and Land.
- A new Ultimate Difficulty Raid (Patch 4.31) – Players seeking the greatest challenges may test their skills against this new incarnation of Ultima Weapon.
- New Deep Dungeon: Heaven-on-High (Patch 4.35) – Explore the 100-floor tower within the Ruby Sea.
- The Next Installment of The Forbidden Land, Eureka – The Pagos Expedition (Patch 4.36)
- Cross-world Linkshells; A new linkshell chat system will allow players to communicate across servers within their data center with ease.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new powerful gear and more.
Square Enix has also announced the Callback Campaign, which lets players collect in-game rewards by inviting old friends who have been inactive in the game for at least 90 days. However, the campaign only lasts until June 26. However, players must also meet a certain amount of eligibility criteria to collect rewards.
Under The Moonlight will land for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood on May 22.c Players an also look forward to an exciting season of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festivals all over the world. North America will kick off the tour on November 16-17, 2018 in Las Vegas. This is followed by the European Fan Festival on February 2-3, 2019 at the La Grande Halle de La Villette in Paris. The tour ends with the Tokyo Fan Festival in March 2019.