Developers Blazing Griffin has announced their new game Murderous Pursuits, a multiplayer stealth-em-up, is set to be released on Steam. As the name implies, murder is the name of the game, but it’s just as much about the tense moments of planning, strategy, and panic-ridden, on-the-fly adjustments, as it is the execution itself, according to the developers.
Developed by the team behind The Ship: Remasted, experience the giddy joy of subterfuge like never before. Surrounded by scores of innocent AI party-goers and patrolling guards, up to 8 passengers (humans or bots) must compete for the favor of Mr. X as they plot their gloriously violent acts, all while hiding in plain sight. That means identifying their assigned quarry in a crowd and plotting their demise, all while keeping a low profile and an eye out for suspicious individuals who could be their very own hunter.
Murderous Pursuits is set to have a number of features upon release, including:
- Thrill of the hunt: Identify your quarry, plan their extravagant murder and set it into motion, all before another player wises up and does the same to you
- Think like an AI: Use busy, reactive environments to your advantage, as you hide in plain sight and mimic the actions of surrounding AI party-goers to get the jump on your quarry
- The best-laid plans: Outmaneuver your adversaries and react to changing plans on the fly with a variety of abilities including disguises, flash bombs, and counters
- Murder with excellence: Be discrete, commandeer a high-value weapon, and dance over your quarry’s lifeless body to earn Mr. X’s favor
- Human after all: Play solo or online multiplayer with other players, featuring support for custom game options and wickedly intelligent bots
- An alternate reality: Step aboard the HMCS Britannic, a state-of-the-art, colonial time ship built at the height of the British Empire’s lavish Victorian era. It also just so happens to fly
According to Blazing Griffin, players have a wide range of tools at their disposal for such occasions. Chief among them are vignettes – special locations that allow nearby characters to participate in a variety of highbrow activities, like appreciating art and discussing foreign economics, which will surely dissolve suspicion. Murderous Pursuits is set to be released on Steam this coming March.
Source: Blazing Griffing Press Release.