HomeBearStudio has unveiled a new trailer for Nairi: Tower of Shirin. They also announced a playable demo. You can check out the trailer above. Nairi follows the titular hero on a number of quests. However, very little has been unveiled about the story.
Nairi’s storyline is about a young woman from the rich district of Shirin, the oasis city the game takes place in. A sudden incident forces her to abandon her rich, sheltered life, and she ends up in the seedy lower district of the city ruled by ruthless gangs. One of Nairi’s prime objectives is to find her way home after she escapes the clutches of her captors, but this will be fraught with many smaller objectives and tasks, including bigger dangers.
Nairi: Tower of Shifin is set to have a number of features, including:
- Gameplay blends several mechanics from the visual novel/point and click adventure genre.
- First-person perspective; lots of poignant dialogue with a host of gorgeous character portraits.
- Lots of puzzles which involve collecting, combining, giving or using items.
- Talk to characters and observe the environment for clues on how to progress.
- No long or obvious tutorials or constant exposition during dialogue.
HomeBearStudio’s Joshua van Kuilenburg spoke about the game, saying:
“Nairi: Tower of Shirin’s appeal lies in the unique synergy of a charming aesthetic, a rich storyline and an intuitive feel and presentation. The game features an adorably cute universe; fleshed out with complex and troubled characters. It’s is full of unexpected surprises.”
The game encompasses five distinctly detailed and atmospheric areas, ranging from dusty desert hideouts, to a bazaar, to mysterious dungeons and some vast open expanses. An in-game cast opens up the game. However, no violent confrontation or combat exists. Furthermore, you interact with enemies through dialogue, but no choice exists with serious consequences. They serve to add flair, comedy or drama to the dialogue.
The game is currently on Steam, though only in demo form.
Source: HomeBearStudio Press Release.