Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is a classic tactical JRPG style game developed by Pixelated Milk in Warsaw, Poland. It is being published by newcomers to the publishing scene, Klabater. It was fully funded a year ago through Kickstarter after just 11 days, raking in more than double what their goal was. It is now entering into its final stages of being developed.
The trailer shows off the gameplay while having the main protagonists talking about their views through all the mechanics the game will be featuring. Regalia looks to have some anime looks to it and going by how the characters talk in the video, it will be quirky and humorous to boot.
Regalia’s features include:
- A tactical JRPG-styled game with a Persona-styled social link system and Disgaea-like combat
- A highly polished, role-playing experience with hand-drawn 2D graphics over 3D skeleton animations
- A full cast of professional voice talents and a lavish soundtrack from Game Audio Factory
- 30+ hours of gameplay, 7 huge regions to explore, and an impressive cast of 20+ characters to recruit, befriend and interact with through the Social Links system
- Light 4X elements such as developing your village, diplomacy, NPC-driven resource gathering, and replayability-boosting content
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is coming to Windows PC and Linux in 2016 and the PlayStation 4 and Vita in 2017.
Source: Pixelated Milk Press Release