The 2017 early access real-time strategy game, Fractured State, is entering its newest phase of development. In celebration of update 0.2’s end, the developers claim Fractured State is 50% off on Steam and any other digital distribution services for an unspecified amount of time. Moving forward, a more rapid update schedule is promised.
The Laperian Sharpshooter and Fanatic units are the most noteworthy additions to update version 0.3. The Laperian Sharpshooter joins the ranks among its fellow Surgeon, Conscript, Grenadier, and Flamethrower class units. As a long-range specialist, it deploys a rifle for distant engagements. The Fanatic unit joins the worshipers of ancient power, The Children of the Ancients. Fanatic units possess mythical abilities allowing them to launch astral projections into groups of enemies to confuse them.
Fractured State does away with excessive micromanagement along with a retooling of the traditional actions per minute system. Field troops act as the primary “resource”. Battles are split into territories with the victory coming as a result of controlling the most territory.
Aside from the new units, update 0.3 also features the following:
- Units space themselves out when attacking and moving
- Improved transport steering
- Surgeon heal amount increased from 5 to 12
- Radiance radius decreased from 25 to 12.5
- Toss Canister radius increased from 5 to 7.5
- Added graphical hotbar effect when a skill comes out of cooldown
- Added “no-enter” cursor when mousing over transport with selection of units that can’t be passengers
- Restored descriptive text for structures
- Tapping Alt brings up structure/territory info
- Some units become available sooner through simplified structure prerequisites
More about developer Mechanical Monocle:
Mechanical Monocle was founded by celebrated modder Matt Kelso and artist Todd Curtis with a passion to collaborate with creative people to make original video games and other entertainment media.
More about publisher GPAC:
Game Producers, Artists & Consultants, LLC (GPAC) is a multi-media entertainment company created, owned, and operated by a group of seasoned, dedicated professionals with over four decades of collective experience conceiving, creating, and producing innovative entertainment properties. GPAC brings their understanding of the unique and rapidly evolving nature of the ever-growing indie dev movement and are offering their insight to help promote, market, and develop properties of emerging indie developers.