Moving on from the Year of Luigi, Nintendo also announced several titles for the 3DS that don’t center on Mario or Luigi. Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong & a LEGO City: Undercover prequel are among the many reveals.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – Originally seen on the Nintendo Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will see the original title getting the 3D treatment and releasing on the 3DS this Summer. An exclusive video for the game can be found on the eShop.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Said to be the end all, be all version of Animal Crossing, New Leaf will have new game features like new animal species, more ways to customize your house/town and a new main street shopping area and model home showcase. It is currently set to release on June 9th.
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters – A spin-off of sorts, Style Savvy: Trendsetters will feature clothing inspired by the Gracie Grace character found in the Animal Crossing series. Those that own Style Savvy will be able to download free clothes via SpotPass.
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins – Set to launch on April 21st, The Chase Begins follows the first case of Chase McCain in an adventure that takes place two full years before the events of its Wii U counterpart.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate – Not yet ready for its March 5th release date, a demo has been announced for the 28th.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – Launching on both the Wii U and the 3DS on March 19th, this iteration of Monster Hunter will allow a Wii U player to partner up with three 3DS players to go on hunt together. Save data can also be transferred from the Wii U to the 3DS, so that players can jump from one system to another in order to continue playing on the go. A demo is set to hit the eShop next Thursday, February 21st.