Developer Hello Games has announced via Inside Xbox that No Man’s Sky will launch on Xbox One. However, this isn’t the biggest news that the announcement has brought. The Xbox One version of the game is set to bring a full multiplayer experience.
No Man’s Sky Multiplayer
Sean Murray, the founder of Hello Games, spoke about the games multiplayer, saying:
“Multiplayer completely changes the No Man’s Sky experience, it’s emergent, fun and intense in ways we always wanted it to be. I’m so happy this is finally happening. It is genuinely exciting to be able to fully realize the potential so many people could see in No Man’s Sky. This will be our biggest update yet and we’re pumped to be bringing Xbox players along on the journey with us now too.”
The game on Xbox One will bring a number of features, including:
- Explore the infinite universe with your friends, or bump into random travelers.
- As you voyage together, friends will help you stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Build bases from tiny shelters to complex colonies that you create as a team and can be seen by the community.
- Be a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and foes.
- Race exocrafts across weird alien terrains, create tracks to share online.
However, the announcement should be taken with a grain of salt. When it was first announced, Hello Games made a number of promises about the game. Very few of these actually made it to the game when it was released. The game is set to be released on Xbox One on July 24 in North America. However, it will land in Europe on July 27. Because of that, the multiplayer will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC as a free patch on the same release dates.
Source: Hello Games Press Release.