It’s finally here, folks! The long sought after Resident Evil 3 remake has finally been announced. What’s more, the game will come with Project Resistance! This was announced during PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast to celebrate the game’s 20th Anniversary. Resident Evil 3 Remake will come to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on April 3, 2020.
The highly demanded follow-up in the franchise utilizes Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine to complete the Raccoon City story arc. This time, the starring role belongs to none other than Jill Valentine as she escapes from the clutches of Nemesis. Additionally, players will get to be part of the untold stories of Umbrella with Resident Evil: Resistance.
Resident Evil 3 Remake Features
Resident Evil 3 Remake will see the return of the Third Person camera perspective. Furthermore, there are several key features that will reignite the passion for the game. Check them out here:
- A fan favorite reborn – This highly requested title modernizes a classic favorite 20 years after the original game’s release.
- Up close and personal – An over-the-shoulder camera and modernized control scheme update the 1999 survival horror classic.
- Another side of Raccoon City – Experience another perspective of the once-vibrant city’s nightmarish outbreak of the T-Virus. Jill’s harrowing struggle for survival takes her from the early moments of the outbreak and overlaps with the events depicted in the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2 before arriving at the dramatic conclusion of the Raccoon City saga.
- Intense action meets classic survival horror – Overcome chilling encounters in a constant fight for survival that ratchets up the genre-defining horror game’s intensity. Nail-biting exploration complements the gripping puzzle-solving that fans have come to love.
- Bone-chilling tension amplified – RE Engine creates a photorealistic apocalyptic setting where grotesque zombies, horrific creatures, and a persistent stalker await around every dark corner. The proprietary engine has fueled a portfolio of acclaimed games such as Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
Collector’s Edition? Where?!
What’s more to this is that Resident Evil 3 Remake will have a special Collector’s Edition. The premium package will include a physical copy of Resident Evil 3, a statue of Jill Valentine, printed art book, double-sided Raccoon City map wall poster, and digital soundtrack.
It’s a fantastic time to be a Resident Evil fan, isn’t it? What do you think about the recent announcement? Are you going to purchase the Collector’s Edition of Resident Evil 3 Remake? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.