The eye of Sauron will gaze only upon a season pass and a season pass alone in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Amidst the rigamarole of online leaderboards, challenge maps, and bonus runes aplenty, the dark lord of Middle-earth himself will be available exclusively as DLC as well as the One ring to bind them.
Celebrimbor, Talion’s wraith companion, will also be along for the ride if you pay up front. Celebrimbor carries with him a burden far greater than money: he stands as the unwitting accomplice to Sauron’s reign through his creation of the rings of power through which the Lord of the Rings ruled.
If you opt into the season pass, you’ll be able to play Celebrimbor as the great Elven leader was in the second age armed with the One Ring itself to bind them all.
For the cost of $24.99, the season pass will get you:
• Guardians of the Flaming Eye Orc Warband Mission: Face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune.
• Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Players will gain new skills and earn unique epic runes as they hunt and tame legendary monsters of Mordor.
• The Bright Lord Story Mission: Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven king of the Second Age, and face Sauron and the might of his forces.
• Test of Speed Challenge Mode: You can demonstrate your efficiency in battle and earn high scores for Talion’s speed in defeating your foes.
• Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode: You can prove your strategic abilities, through earning points for skill, speed and efficiency.
• Endless Challenge Mode: This mode will continually spawn new legions of enemies. The Runes that you will earn will provide powerful upgrades.
• Access to future content: Including runes, skins and additional add-on content.
The already critically acclaimed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor wields the might of the one ring, Sep. 30th, for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.