Someday You’ll Return is an open-world psychological horror game that has you play as a father, Daniel, looking for his daughter, Stella, in an old cursed woods that holds many dark secrets. Venturing through the eerie woods, Daniel’s dark past begins to unravel. His regrets, pain, and repressed memories haunt him and some have taken form to hunt him. All the while Daniel’s sanity begins to dwindle; unable to separate the dual realities.
Silent Hill on the PS1 is radiating strongly from this title. From the farther looking for his daughter, symbolism, other characters acting strange, to the fog. It’s not only Silent Hill that has been merged in Someday You’ll Return; there’s a pinch of Outlast, Resident Evil 7, and a sprinkle of Amnesia. Does it all these merge well to form a compelling psychological horror game? Well, let’s take a deep dive into Someday You’ll Return and see if it can deliver on its promises.
- Graphically appealing
- The Story and mystery keeps you engaged
- Psychological elements are handled effectively
- Plenty of secrets, puzzles, and collectibles to uncover in the open world
- There is no New Game plus or chapter select, so don’t miss any secrets, collectibles, or documents in any chapter.
- Daniel’s bitter scornful personality may turn players away.
- More time was needed to polish the game like terrible whiplashes that can turn you around or get you killed.
- The game’s graphics seem to deep near toward the end of the game.
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Kick back, relax, and grab some popcorn. Enjoy the podcast! Keep in mind, everything said here is our thoughts and feelings. We do not represent the entirety of BagoGames. If you disagree with anything, then please leave it down in the comment section below!