The team over at DICE has released a calendar full of plans for content to be added to Star Wars Battlefront starting tomorrow and continuing throughout the year.
All owners of the game will be getting new multiplayer and Mission mode maps, new Hero outfits, and get the new Private Match option. Also soon to come, the team has announced a myriad of fresh content and new maps for the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass.
Starting tomorrow, all Battlefront players will be getting new updates such as
– The Tatooine Survival map will now support Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, in addition to Hero vs Villains multiplayer modes.
– The iconic Hoth outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo have also been included and will be available to players who play as either Hero while battling on Hoth.
– Private Matches will be introduced, for players who just want to have a friendly(ish) fight with their friends.
– There’s also a new feature of Daily Challenges and Community Events designed to rally the Battlefront community around certain objectives and goals. These challenges will open up opportunities for players to earn more credits and unlockable content faster. The dev team will have more info in the days ahead on what all that will entail.
– And naturally with the content updates and patches, they’ll be tweaking the overall balance to multiplayer modes and weapons.
In February there will be yet more content on Hoth, including a new Survival mission and a brand-new multiplayer map that will be able to support the larger game modes such as Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point.
There’s also big news with the Turning Point mode, as it will now be supported on all maps which also support Walker Assault and Supremacy.
In March there’s already plans for a new multiplayer map on Endor that will also support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point; and there’s plans for a new Tatooine Survival map as well.
Now as for the Season Pass, there’s quite few digital expansion packs in the works starting in March of this year and stretching into 2017.
The new expansions are
– Star Wars Battlefront – Outer Rim (March), where players will battle in Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine and fight amongst the factories of Sullust,
– Star Wars Battlefront – Bespin (Summer, 2016) A game of hunt or be hunted in the Cloud City of Bespin,
– Star Wars Battlefront – Death Star (Fall, 2016) Guess where this takes place. Players will get to battle it out in arguably the most iconic setting in Star Wars.
– Star Wars Battlefront – Expansion Pack 4, Title TBA (Early 2017) Details to come later.
Once again, the aforementioned content is available as part of the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for the PC.
For more info, please visit the official website.