Neverwinter, one of the more prominent contemporary free to play MMO’s, is still going strong. Peak player counts on PC have been growing steadily since November and will likely continue on this path with the recently released Lost City of Omu expansion. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners will gain access to this update at an unspecified later date.
The Lost City of Omu adds content while tweaking existing mechanics:
- The Temple Ruins Adventure Zone-This new zone exists in the jungles deep within the newly discovered Omu city. Players will get to explore crumbling temple ruins, underground tunnels, and partake in a new instance: Fane of the Night Serpent.
- New Monster Hunts and Heroic Encounters-You can become monster hunters for Omu. Brand new encounters and contracts pit you against the deadliest predators, such as the Tyrant T-Rex.
- Expanded Tomb of Annihilation Campaign-In the conclusion to the Chult narrative, this expanded campaign delves deeper with new tasks, new boon ranks, and a new ten player endgame trial that culminates in an encounter with Acererak and Atropal.
- Smoother Progression From Levels 60-70-Current players that have yet to reach the level cap will experience more consistent progression thanks to a drastically rebalanced XP curve.
- Class Power Adjustments-power based weapon damage has been altered to scale based on player stats. Fixes have also been applied to bugged class power behaviors.
- Additional Features-These include new recipes for Masterwork Professions, treasure maps, repeatable adventures, and “quality of life improvements”.
More about developer Cryptic Studios:
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of AAA online games for PC and consoles. Delivering innovative gameplay and shared experiences far beyond the traditional MMORPG, the studio has successfully launched Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. is located in Los Gatos, CA.