The International Center for the History of Electronic Games has opened the world’s first Video Game Hall of Fame. The first six games to be included are:
- Pong -For launching the video game industry.
- Pac-Man– For making games a mass cultural phenomenon.
- Super Mario Bros. – Because it introduced gamings most recognisable character and was the best selling video game until 2006.
- Tetris– For its longevity and persistent popularity.
- Doom – Because it changed the way games are made.
- World of Warcraft– For reshaping the way people thought about their online lives.
These game were chosen from a list of 15 finalists. The games which did not make the cut include The Legend of Zelda and Minecraft. You can watch the induction ceremony here.
The museum is now accepting nominations for next year’s inductions. Do you agree with their list? What games do you think should be in the Hall of Fame? Let us know in the comments section below.