Staff members on the Final Fantasy VII Remake team (Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase and Kazushige Nojima) have revealed a few more details on how the remake will be going even more in depth with both character and world exploration, as well as various other details in a Famitsu article.
These details include:
– Expanding the characters of Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie
– More areas to explore on Midgar
– Currently, they are not talking about online gameplay. However, it’s unclear if that’s because there won’t be any or if it’s too early in the development process to consider it yet.
– The main scenario for the first part is complete (including the ending).
– They are currently receiving development aid from the Kingdom Hearts team for Unreal Engine 4, and may reunite to work on the game more at some point in the future
– They have confirmed the ATB gauge that turns red is actually different from Limit Breaks. They have said that there is a special system separate from Limit Breaks, but they can’t reveal it just yet. However, they have said it will depend on the player’s play style.
– And as of yet they have not decided if there will be a Guard command.
The Final Fantasy VII Remake is currently still in development for the PlayStation 4
Trailer via PlayStation, YouTube