One of the key points in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the Order of the Ancients. The Order is made up of 45 members, each of which can be traced throughout history or even later in the end game, just as it did in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Killing all members will allow you to unlock their trophy or achievement, depending on your platform. Of the 45 members, only 13 will be mandatory targets to continue the story and cannot be found outside of the primary missions.
Only by completing the story will you be able to kill them all. The other 32 members are scattered around the world and some, the Zealots, require a good level and good equipment to be defeated. Defeating them all is also one of the objectives of the questline given to you by Hytham. Each member killed will provide you with a medallion that you can exchange with Hytham in exchange for skills that are otherwise not unlockable. Here is my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Order of the Ancients guide.
There are two types of members in the Order: 15 Zealots, very formidable opponents who roam in specific regions of the map, and 30 members who have fixed positions and they are related to members with a higher rank. Usually it is enough to kill one member to get clues about another. These will be visible on the menu page relating to the Order. Some of these might tell you to look for information in a certain place or to beat some specific person in one of the activities in the game.
Finding all the clues, however, is not required to bring up the various members. These in fact can be found directly in their fixed place. However, some of them will walk around that area and appear to your eyes and those of your raven as mere civilians, making it difficult to spot them in the crowd. That’s why you need to find all the related clues first.
To get clues about the Ancients at the bottom of the page, all you have to do is eliminate the members who precede them. Zealots, on the other hand, have no clues to their position. However, they are marked with the appropriate white helmet icon when they are close to you. All you have to do is get close and scan them to be able to view them on the menu page. In this case, you will also see their level and understand if you can face them or not.
- Woden: The first Zealot usually rides along the roads of the Cent region. The specific place is obviously not known as it always moves. The best solution is therefore to travel all the roads in the region starting from the main one.
- Heike: The second Zealot, on the other hand, usually rides along the roads of the Essexe region. Even for him, the specific place is obviously not known as he always moves. The wisest solution would therefore be to travel all the roads in the region, starting with the main one, scanning all the passersby on horseback.
- Bercthun: The third Zealot usually rides along the roads of the Hamtunscire region. Also in this case there is no precise place to look for as he always moves. The best solution therefore is to travel all the roads in the region, starting from the main one, scanning whoever passes by on horseback.
- Hrothgar: Unlike previous members of the Order, the Zealot Hrothgar will almost always find himself at a very specific spot in Suthsexe. This is possible because the acolyte does not have a horse and is therefore forced to walk in the woods.
- Cudberct: This Zealot, contrary to the previous one, is not in a specific place. In fact, Cudberct will move on horseback through the major streets of Oxenfordscire. The best solution in this case too is to take the main roads.
- Horsa: You can also find this Zealot in Oxenfordscire. Unlike Cudberct, however, Horsa will not be riding a horse. He will in fact walk along the major streets and only along these streets.
- Osgar: Even the seventh Zealot rides the roads of the region entrusted to him. Osgar will however be available in Lincolnscire. Finding him as always will not be easy as he is constantly on the move too. The best solution therefore is to follow all the main roads until you find him.
- Kendall: You will find Kendall in Grantebridgescire. He too, like many of his predecessors, travels on horseback and therefore it will not be possible to find him in one location. What you will have to do in this case too will be to walk the main roads to find it.
- Beorhtsige: You will find him in Glowecestrescire. Its precise position is not identifiable as it travels on horseback and moves continuously. You will then have to travel all the main roads in the region to find it.
- Wealdmaer: Wealdmaer instead will be found in Sciropescire. He also travels on horseback and therefore it is not possible to find a specific place where you can find him. The best solution therefore is to take all the main roads in the region in the hope of finding it.
- Cola: The third Zealot of the right branch will be located in Lincolnshire. He usually rides along the river, from the southeast corner of Eurviscire and the west corner of Lincolnshire. However, even in this case you do not have a precise position as it always moves on horseback and always along the main roads.
- Callin: This Zealot travels on horseback along the roads of the Eurviscire region. However, giving you a place to search to find it is not as simple as in the previous case. You can walk the roads of the region in the hope of finding it as soon as possible.
- Eorforwine: The precise position is not known, as this Zealot moves on horseback through the streets of Grantebridgescire. Fortunately, as with most Zealots, Eorforwine does not move in the countryside either. All you have to do is then inspect every major road in the region until you spot it.
- Redwalda: The Ledecestrescire region also hosts this other formidable opponent. The exact place is not known, also because it travels the length and breadth of the entire region on horseback. What you need to do is then go in search of it by inspecting all the major roads in the region.
- Wuffa: East Anglia is home to the Wuffa. This Zealot rides along one of the streets of East Anglia, but his position is completely random. You must therefore push yourself along all the roads in the region to try to track and identify it.
- Yohanes Loukas – The Oil: Yohanes Loukas is located in the Hamtunscire, more precisely in the Ruins of Fearnhame, near the stables. The member usually sleeps outside behind the stables.
- Heika of Friesland – The Sickle: You will find The Sickle in the town of Colecestre, in Essexe. You will find her standing around the market in the west of the city once you get the clues. You can follow it from the Order menu to see it marked on the map as well.
- Beneseck of Bath – The Bell: He is located at Brimclif Monastery in the far south of Suthsexe. You will find him running around with some guards. At the first signs of danger he will run away and you will be forced to chase him. So try to be stealthy when you get close. If you want, you can also shoot an arrow from a distance and then approach to confirm the kill.
- Hilda – The Quill: The member will be automatically killed during the Wincestre story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Selwyn – The Gallows: The member will be automatically killed during the Wincestre story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Ealhferth The Seax: The member will be automatically killed during the Wincestre story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Havelok – The Billhook: This member can monitored from the dedicated menu. You’ll find it in Lincolnscire, more specifically in a house northwest of Lincoln. You can find him while he is sleeping or standing in the house.
- Patrick – The Anvil: He will be located in the Oxenefordscire, more precisely in the town of Oxeneforda, along the western border of the region. You can find him in one of the houses.
- Mucel – The Lathe: You will find him in Buckingham, more precisely behind the inn where the Orlog player who gave you the second clue is located. During the day, you can find him sitting on some wooden planks overlooking the river.
- Gifle – The Ash Spear: He is located in East Anglia, in the Forest Hideout, by an enemy camp on the map. He is one of the soldiers present inside the camp. There you will also find a wealth of tools.
- Wigmund – The Tang: The member will be killed automatically during the Grantebridgescire story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Bishop Herefrith – The Crozier: The member will also be killed automatically throughout the story. The timing of killing him varies according to your choices during the course of the adventure, but he will still be killed.
- Eanbhert – The Vellum: This member of the order will be found in the Glowecestrescire, more precisely in a locked house covered with greenery near the quay of the city of Glowecestre. The only way to enter this house is through an opening in the side of the roof. He is the only person inside the house.
- Tata – The Dart: He is located in Sciropescire, in the town of Quatford, near the stables.
- Gunilla – The Adze: She can be found in Ledecestrescire, more precisely in the city of Repton. You will find her sitting near the dock.
- Abbess Ingeborg – The Firebrand: The member will be automatically killed during Jorvik’s story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Grigorii – The Needle: The member will be automatically killed during Jorvik’s story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Audun – The Vault: The member will be automatically killed during Jorvik’s story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Kjotve the Cruel: The member will be automatically killed in the story in Norway shortly after the game starts. He is the first real boss in the game and you will meet him as you try to conquer your first fortress.
- Leofgifu – The Scabbard: Her clues are unlocked once you build the Hidden Ones Bureau in the settlement, and you can immediately mark her on the map. It is located in the Grantebridgescire region, in a military camp just outside Utbech.
- Hunta, son of Hunta – The Baldric: Its clues are unlocked once the Hidden Ones Bureau is built in the settlement and you can immediately mark it on the map. It is located in the Ledecestrescire region, in the town of Ledecestre, standing at the market square just north of the lookout point.
- Sister Frideswid – The Leech: The member will be automatically killed during the Lunden story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Avgos Spearhand – The Arrow: The member will be automatically killed during the Lunden story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Vicelin – The Compass: The member will be automatically killed during the Lunden story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Sister Blaeswith – The Rake: The member will be revealed once the members of the order connected to him are killed. You’ll find it in the Cent region in the northwest corner of Canterbury.
- Tatfrid – The Lyre: The member will be revealed once the members of the related order have been killed. You will find it in the Grantebridgescire region, in the town of Grantebridge. You will find it either in the city center playing or it could be at the market. However, it could move around these two places.
- Fulke – The Instrument: The member will be automatically killed during the Suthsexe story arc in the main questline. Cannot be found / eliminated outside of this mission.
- Reeve Derby – The Vice: The member will be revealed once the members of the order connected to him are killed. You will find it in the Eurvicscire region, in the town of Picheringa. More precisely, you will find it at a waterfall.
- Gorm Kjotvesson – The Keel: The member will be revealed once the members of the related order have been killed. Once this is done, you will unlock a new primary mission, which will ask you to talk to Hytham in the Hidden Ones Bureau. After that, talk to Randvi and you will unlock the Vinland region and agree to go there. This will unlock a new NPC at the port that will allow you to move to the new land. In the new region you will have to complete 2 primary missions to kill Gorm. The only drawback is that Gorm cannot be branded like the other members and therefore you will have to go and look for him in one of the fields in the region. Precisely, it is located in the western field called Narfljot.
The last member in my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Order of the Ancients guide will be revealed once all 44 other Order targets have been killed and after finishing the main story. Once you have completed these objectives, return to your settlement and head to the entrance of the longhouse. Hytham will appear there and call you as you approach. From now on you will no longer find Hytham in the Hidden Ones Bureau, but he will have moved to the entrance of the longhouse.
Talk to him and he will give you a letter from his informant and this will activate the related mission. The marker of this mission will lead you to Hamtunscire, more precisely to the small town called Aethelnay. Interact with your target and a short cutscene will play. During this video it will be revealed that King Aelfred is the Father and the head of the Order. King Aelfred earned the title of Grand Master of the Order from his brother, but he hated the Order and what it stood for.
So he gave information about their members to Hytham to kill his own Order. King Aelfred will be in exile in this city and therefore does not pose a threat, so Eivor will let him live, getting his medallion automatically. After the cutscene, you will have got the achievement for eliminating all members. Now go back to Hytham. If fast travel doesn’t work, you must go back on horseback. Once you get to your camp, give the medallions to Hytham and he will give you Thor’s cloak.
Was my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Order of the Ancients guide useful, or is something missing? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments, or make sure to read my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla review. Need help with improving your stamina and fishing, here is my complete guide. Need help with managing your XP and Power level, click here!