Ever want to play a game where you control a private eye racoon solving crimes in Vancouver? If so, Backbone from the developer Eggnut is the game for you! Raw Fury will be handing the publishing duties and just so happened to drop the game June 8 for Windows PC.
Backbone puts you in the paws of Howard Lotor, a private eye who is trying to scrape by with lousy cases. That is until he uncovers a large amount of clues that lead him on a path to something far larger and dangerous. You will play this with a Grim Fandango style of animation and look. The game features,
- Become a raccoon as you explore the seedy underbelly of an alternate Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.
- Make meaningful connections with a diverse cast of characters in pursuit of the truth in an increasingly tangled mystery.
- A modern dystopic tale of a cold and existentialist world, bleak and dreary, but not entirely without hope.
- High-resolution 2.5D pixel art creates a breathtaking landscape to explore alongside 3D effects like dynamic lighting, pouring rain, volumetric fog and neon lights.
- Original doom jazz soundtrack adds to the cinematic ambience, telling a story with every sound.
While the game isn’t hitting consoles this month, it is planned from EggNut later in the year.