Ubisoft announced today that Far Cry Primal is now available worldwide for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and a PC release is soon to come on March 1st.
Far Cry Primal is set in 10,000 B.C., in the majestic yet deadly land of Oros where you are Takkar of the Wenja tribe, a fierce, skilled hunter and beast master.
After the Wenja tribe is viciously attacked and all but decimated by Ull, the leader of the rival Udam tribe, it’s up to you to find, rescue, and protect the scattered remnants of the Wenja and reclaim your place in the world.
Along the way you’ll build your arsenal from animals you fell while hunting, and craft new weapons to give you an edge in this harsh environment where it’s all too easy to become prey rather than the predator. You’ll have the double-bow; heavy, bone-breaking clubs, spears, and even be able to craft bombs to use against both beasts and humans.
In addition to this, Takkar can also tame wild beasts and then summon them at a moment’s notice to surprise the enemy and fight alongside him, or they can serve as distractions or even as scouts.
Animals such as the owl, honey badger, sabretooth tiger, wolf, mammoth, cave lion, and cave bear can all be used as companions and weapons, giving you a serious advantage in combat and in hunts.
Aside from Ull, you’ll encounter many other characters both for and against you, such as
– Batari, called the “Sun Daughter,” Batari is the zealous, vindictive matriarch of the Izila tribe thought to be sent as a savior to protect the tribe from danger;
– Tensay, the Wenja’s only shaman who acts as a healer and also communicates with the spirits of nature. He’s a little ‘off’ from using mind-altering plants but nonetheless rather charming in his own unique way;
– Sayla, also of the Wenja tribe, is haunted by the tragedy that befell her people and still hears their cries in her head;
– Jayma, a fellow hunter of the Wenja tribe who is as wise as she is fierce;
– Karoosh, a powerful Wenja warrior bent on revenge against the Udam for his son, and
– Wogah, a one-armed, deranged yet brilliant crafter living the life of a crazed hermit.
Once again, Far Cry Primal is available now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will be released for PC on March 1st.
For a more detailed look at the game, feel free to visit the official website.
Source: Ubisoft Press Release
Trailer via PlayStation, YouTube