Microsoft have announced that an update to Gears of War: Ultimate Edition adds some improvements to one of the game’s weapons, changes to multiplayer achievements and a plethora of other tweaks and adjustments.
The title update is available right now and changes how the iconic Gnasher shotgun works. As in the original Gears of War from way back in 2006, the Gnasher’s pellet spread was randomised. It is now the same spread pattern each time it’s fired, which increases consistency and fixes issues wherein players were able to perform long-range headshots with the close quarters weapon.
Changes have also been made to the game’s Hill-based game modes, allowing for the “This is Annex!” and “Nub Pwn3r” achievements to be earned in King of the Hill, Annex and Blitz.
As a way of celebrating the tweaks to the game’s multiplayer, players now earn double XP, which will run up until 12pm PDT on 28th September.
A bunch of minor adjustments have also been to the game, based on fan feedback. Find the full patch notes below:
- General improvements to the consistency of the Gnasher.
- Gnasher pellets now always shoot in a consistent pattern.
- Removed “Idle State” from MP which could cause shooting trajectory to be more random.
- Fixed a bug where some Gnasher shots were reporting as headshots incorrectly.
Improvements to player spawn locations for Blitz and King of the Hill on the following maps:
- War Machine
- Old Bones
Fixes for invisible collision on some Multiplayer maps including:
- Mansion: Area around Boomshot
- Clocktower: Debris at top middle of map
- Reduced flinching (camera shake) when taking damage in Multiplayer to be consistent with Gears 1
- Changed Re-Up system to retain unlocked characters when “re-upping” (Player Level in Multiplayer)
- Spectator Mode now displays match score in the HUD
- Audio improvements for footstep and movement sounds behind the player
- Improvements to server stability
- Fixed a crash when muting players with a spectator in the game
- Fixed a bug where dead bodies could sometimes cause players to roll instead of move into cover
- General bug fixes and improvements