It is no secret that the Atari VCS will soon be attached to our televisions. There has been speculation as to what games would be hitting the console at launch. Atari and Nickervision Studios have let it slip out of the bag that an updated version of Missile Command: Recharged will be a launch game for the Atari VCS, coming Fall 2020.
Missile Command: Recharged is a reinvention of the 1980’s classic that some of us grew up with, I’m the ‘some of us’ on this website. You must defend your cities from a barrage of missiles by aiming your own missiles at them. The fast paced, quick reaction gameplay is what makes this title a classic. Check out our review for the mobile version of the game here.
The Atari VCS will be the premiere place to play Missile Command: Recharged. These are the reasons why…
Additional Key Features Include:
- Atari Wireless Classic Joystick Support: Exclusive to the Atari VCS, players can relive their arcade adventures and enjoy enhanced mobility, unique immersive rumble and LED lighting effects synchronized with the action on-screen.
- Powered Up: Don’t just target missiles – take aim at all-new power-ups to survive longer with defensive measures, missile speed boosts, or a screen-clearing special blast
- Upgraded: The new powerup system takes points earned and allows them to be used to upgrade all aspects of gameplay to get an edge and achieve the highest scores
- Shoot for the Clouds: Compete in global online leaderboards and aim to claim bragging rights as the top missile commander
- Achievements:Better yourself with each game played and work towards besting the toughest challenges!Previously released on Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, Mac, and Linux, as well as for iOS and Android devices, Missile Command: Recharged will launch digitally for the Atari VCS this fall through the Atari VCS Store, with additional games and content to be announced soon.