Renowned musician and actor MIYAVI (ID: INVADED, Kokkoku insert songs) will return to North America for a 19-date tour kicking off in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on September 30 and wrapping up in Atlanta on Halloween Night. The tour is MIYAVI’s first tour in North America since 2019 and will feature performances from last year’s Holy Nights album. Tickets are on sale right now and can be purchased at MIYAVI’s website. MIYAVI’s voyage to the U.S. will serve as a homecoming for the artist who resides part-time in Los Angeles and the other in Tokyo, but has been stationed in Japan since the pandemic.
Full tour dates can be seen below:
- 9/30 – Calgary (MaCewan Ballroom)
- 10/2 – Vancouver (Imperial)
- 10/4 – Seattle (The Crocodile)
- 10/5 – San Francisco (Great American Music Hall)
- 10/8 – Los Angeles (El Rey Theatres)
- 10/9 – Mesa (Club Red)
- 10/11 – Las Vegas (House of Blues)
- 10/13 – Salt Lake City (The Depot)
- 10/14 – Denver (Marquis Theatre)
- 10/16 – Austin (Come and Take It Live)
- 10/17 – Dallas (Trees)
- 10/20 – Chicago (Cobra Lounge)
- 10/22 – Pittsburgh (Thunderbird)
- 10/23 – Toronto (The Opera House)
- 10/25 – Montreal (Le National)
- 10/27 – New York (Sony Hall)
- 10/28 – Boston (The Paradise Rock Club)
- 10/29 – Washington D.C. (State Theatre)
- 10/31 – Atlanta (The Masquerade)
MIYAVI is a musician, actor, and philanthropist, bridging cultures across the globe with his music andmessage. His unique style of guitar playing has taken him on 8 world tours in over 30 countries. Fans refer to MIYAVI as the “Samurai Guitarist.” In 2020, MIYAVI partnered with Amazon Music to produce
the groundbreaking live stream experience MIYAVI Virtual 5.0: Synthesis, captured live in Unreal Engine. He is currently the face of Gucci Japan and has served as a brand ambassador for American Airlines, Fender Guitars, BMW, Rakuten, Beats, Moncler and for his own branded beverage MIYAVI Sake.
As an actor, MIYAVI made his big screen debut in the Oscar nominated film Unbroken and has since appeared in the 2017 blockbuster Kong: Skull Island, the live-action adaptation of the popular manga Bleach, and the Maleficent 2 sequel (2019). MIYAVI also continues his important work as a Goodwill Ambassador to UNHCR, visiting refugee camps in Colombia, Kenya, Lebanon, Thailand and Bangladesh, and performing at the United Nations in New York, spreading the message of the refugee crisis around the world.
Source: press release
Are you a fan of MIYAVI? Will you be attending one of his concerts? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.