If your PlayStation 5 crashes, the game you are playing stops working, the saves get corrupted, or you just can’t connect to the internet, you are not the victim of a demon attack. It is simply a system problem that you can solve with no difficulties. Just as it happened with Sony’s PS4, the PS5 also has some problems and returns an error code that will help you solve the system defect. For this reason, I have prepared a list of error codes in which you will not only find the cause of your problem, but also a possible solution to fix it. I will also show you how to enter PS5 Safe Mode. This is a very useful section that serves not only to fix system errors but also to rebuild the database or restore the console. Here is my complete PS5 error codes guide!
These are the most common errors that can happen on a PS5. This can be from a problem with the system software to the freeze of games. Below, you will find the complete list!
- PS5 error code CE-108255-1: An error often accompanied by the message “Something went wrong with this game or app”. This usually happens because of compatibility issues between PS5 and the game. You can often correct this issue by updating the game or app in question.
- PS5 error code CE-107520-5: You can resolve this error by installing the latest system software.
- PS5 error code CE-108862-5: Tied to a particular game’s servers preventing connection to network features. You have to wait for an update from the developers of the game in question.
- PS5 error code CE-105799-1: Tied to the console’s network connection. Check if the PSN is online. If not, reset the network connection and the router.
- PS5 error code CE-107857-8: An error leading to crashes in games or problems with download queues. Boot into Safe Mode and rebuild the database. If the problem persists, try a soft reset by restoring the console to default settings.
- PS5 error code CE-113212-0: A connection-related error. After checking if the PSN is online, reset the network connection. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging your router for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in. Finally, you can also try to set a static IP or change DNS settings by choosing a public DNS.
- PS5 error code CE-112069-9: Affects data transfer from PS4 to PS5. If you are only transferring saves, I recommend that you try with an external hard drive. Otherwise, try using a wired connection rather than a wireless one.
- PS5 error code CE-110538-8: Related to disk reading problems. Inspect error code CE-100005-6 for more details.
- PS5 error code CE-108889-4: Related to the inability to update the console. Try to update via the disc of a recent game or via safe mode.
- PS5 error code CE-108360-8: Problem related to the PS Camera only. Check that the game environment is well lit and that you perfectly connect the camera with the devices recommended in the installation guide.
- PS5 error code CE-107649-7: Error accompanied by the message “The inserted disc contains contents other than the installed data”. This often happens when you insert a disc containing several DLCs after you already have the base game installed on the console. All you have to do is delete the base game from the PlayStation 5 and reinstall everything from the new disc.
- PS5 error code CE-106485-4: You can resolve this error by installing the latest system software.
- PS5 error code CE-10028-1: Error accompanied by the message “There is not enough free space on the SSD”. You can solve this by simply deleting some old software not in use.
- PS5 error code CE-100005-6: Related to disk reading problems. Remove the disc and make sure there are no indications of any damage. Turn off the console and unplug it from the power cord for a few minutes. Meanwhile, clean the disc with a soft cloth and then plug everything back in and try again. If the problem only persists with one particular disc, then it is a game problem. If it shows up with all discs, it could be a problem with the PS5 player and you need to contact support.
- PS5 error code CE-100002-3: You can solve this error by installing the latest system software.
- PS5 error code CE-108262-9: Problem causing apps and games to crash. To fix it, install the latest PS5 update. If it doesn’t work from the normal menu, try to update the console or rebuild the database from safe mode.
The following errors are all related to the console’s connection to the internet (Wi-Fi and wired). You can solve them by updating the system software to the latest possible version; reset the console’s network connection; change the connection from Wi-Fi to wired (using a network cable) or vice versa; change the port of the router to which you connected the PS5; or turn off the console and unplug the router from the power for 5 minutes and then reconnect and set everything.
- PS5 error code NW-102650-4
- PS5 error code NW-102417-5
- PS5 error code NW-102315-2
- PS5 error code NW-102261-2
- PS5 error code NW-102308-4
- PS5 error code NW-102307-3
These are errors concerning the connections with the Playstation Network, from the purchase of a game to the simple access of the store. A malfunction of Sony services usually causes them. Usually, Sony fixes it automatically within a few hours. If one or more of the following problems often occur, follow the same steps that I have mentioned with the network errors.
- PS5 error code NP-104530-3
- PS5 error code NP-103111-7
- PS5 error code NP-103109-4
- PS5 error code NP-103107-2
- PS5 error code NP-103105-0
- PS5 error code NP-102947-3
- PS5 error code NP-102946-2
- PS5 error code NP-102944-0
- PS5 error code NP-102945-1
- PS5 error code NP-102942-8
- PS5 error code NP-102955-2
WEB SERVER ERRORS
These are errors that affect all settings relating to servers and surfing the net. Follow the same steps that I have mentioned with the network errors.
- PS5 error code WS-117224-7
- PS5 error code WS-116522-7
- PS5 error code WS-116439-4
- PS5 error code WS-116420-4
- PS5 error code WS-116332-6
- PS5 error code WS-116329-2
- PS5 error code WS-116328-1
- PS5 error code WS-115195-2
WEB DISPLAY ERRORS
These are errors concerning the display of web pages and the related internet connection. Follow the same steps that I have mentioned with the network errors.
- PS5 error code WV-109144-9
- PS5 error code WV-109145-0
- PS5 error code WV-109146-1
- PS5 error code WV-109153-9
- PS5 error code WV-109166-3
These are uncommon system errors that Sony is already aware of and can relate to different categories of problems. Follow the same steps that I have mentioned with the network errors.
- PS5 error code E2-8223b089
- PS5 error code E2-8223b400
HOW TO ENTER SAFE MODE
Just like a normal PC, they also equipped the PlayStation 5 with a Safe Mode. This is a “hidden” section of the software that allows you to better manage the console. If necessary, it helps to resolve errors where the previous solutions have failed. But how do you boot PS5 into Safe Mode? Below are the steps!
- Turn off by pressing the power button for 3 seconds. The indicator light will flash a few times before turning off.
- With the console off, press the power button until you hear two “beeps”. When you hear the beeps, release the button. You will hear the first beep almost immediately. The second beep takes about 7 seconds.
- Once you did this, the PS5 will boot into Safe Mode. You will have to connect the controller with the cable and press the PS button to move through the menus in this mode.
As I said, in this mode, it is possible to manage the PS5 system with options not present in the classic system menus. These also include the possibility of restoring the PlayStation 5 to factory settings. This is useful in the event of irreversible damage to the software or the sale of the console. Below are all the options available in Safe Mode!
- RESTART PS5: Command used to restart the PS5 in classic mode.
- EDIT VIDEO OUTPUT: To change the resolution or HDCP mode. It can come in handy in case your PS5 has problems with video or display output.
- SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE: Allows the console to be updated either via USB or via direct download. Useful if the normal update process doesn’t work properly.
- RESTORE DEFAULT SETTINGS: This is a Soft Reset. It will reset the PS5 software settings without clearing the storage memory. Games, apps, screens, video clips, or saves will not vanish into thin air.
- CLEAR CACHE AND REBUILD DATABASE: I can define this setting a bit like the defragmentation of the PC. You can only perform this with performance drops or software problems. Clearing the cache helps in just that way, by deleting old software system files that could lead to problems. The database rebuilding instead allows you to create a new database with various system content. A new database is error free, so if the old one doesn’t work, rebuild it. It can also be used to remove deleted game icons left on the system.
- RESTORE PS5: The real Hard Reset of the console that restores it entirely to factory conditions by deleting any data on it. Use this option only if you cannot do otherwise or if it is a secondhand console.
- RESET PS5 (reinstall system software): This general reset not only erases all user data, but also performs a new installation of the system software.