Hitman 3 doesn’t take too long to finish. The playing time, however, depends on how much the player wants to explore the different and profound scenarios of the game. If you want to quickly reach the end of the missions, there are some new mechanics in this third chapter that will allow you to sneak between locations very quickly and unnoticed. These shortcuts are present between all the important areas of the game. Also, one trophy in Hitman 3 requires you to find the yellow bird. In reality, you will have to find and photograph several of them in the Berlin mission. The yellow bird is nothing more than a particular graffiti. Here is my complete Hitman 3 shortcuts and yellow birds guide.
Usually a door or an air vent will represent a shortcut and will have a golden design. At first, it might seem like there’s no way to open the shortcuts, but in reality all Agent 47 needs is a crowbar. However, not all shortcuts follow this rule. Some may require you to move to the other side of a door to unlock it. Unlocking a shortcut will give you 1,000 XP points and will also contribute to the Shortcut Killer trophy. There are a total of 17 shortcuts in the game that will remain open. This offers you new ways of achieving designated objectives.
- The maintenance door in the hotel lobby, passing from the bathroom to the right.
- The staircase in the heliport area.
- The ladder in the ventilation area.
- The staircase in the terrace next to the mini golf course.
- The staircase out to the upstairs balcony.
- The maintenance ladder located on the roof of the building.
- To enter the back door, you have to look for the green bike in the parking lot and collect the pills. Wait for the dude in denim overalls near the entrance to finish talking on the phone and then hand him the pills. Now follow him and he will take you through the shortcut.
- Dress up as a delivery biker and go to the dedicated garage.
- On the roof of the building, in front of the mural with the shark. Enter the window and go down the ladder (you need the crowbar, which is on the ground on the red steel pylon where the motorcyclists are talking).
- The first staircase is located on the roof next to the apartment with the men in the white coats (you will need the crowbar, which is in the corner where the homeless people are around the fire).
- The door in question is in an alley on the right shortly after the homeless people.
- When you arrive in the structure with the white walls, go left from the hall, pass the vending machine and pick up the screwdriver from the box. Then drop into the elevator shaft, climb the pipe, and then move left between the grates to reach a ventilation grate. Open with the screwdriver that will take you to the door in question.
- Dress as a guard and go up to the second floor of the villa, in the study, to collect the key from the desk. Then go down, open the door under the stairs and proceed through all the areas until you find the golden door.
- In the underground room with the large central table mentioned in the previous shortcut, look to the left of the table.
- Outside the villa, walk along the perimeter and pass the stone arch. Continue along the wooden fences to find the door on a wall with ivy.
- Get out of the train through the window on the right. Climb on top of it and go right a few steps and go down to the right again to enter a window that will take you to the shortcut.
- You will need the knob in the freight car. After grabbing it, continue to the container and use it to open it.
Here are all the places to find the yellow birds to get the Bird Art achievement trophy. As I said at the beginning, you will find the yellow birds on certain walls during the Berlin mission. There are in total 6 yellow bird graffiti in Hitman 3.
- Yellow Bird 1: From the red-lit entrance to the nightclub, turn around and head south. Walk to the small white van and turn right. You will see a green paint splattered bin on your right. Turn around and go right to find the first yellow bird. This is the one with the sunglasses and the cap backwards. Take a picture of that bird.
- Yellow Bird 2: Go back and go right, passing the security guards. Stay on the path until you reach some people standing next to a burning barrel. Go right when you see them. You will see the yellow bird above some pink letters just beyond the parked cars.
- Yellow Bird 3: The third bird is immediately to the left of the second area, at ground level, slightly hidden by a yellow bin.
- Yellow Bird 4: Continue to the right and pass two more security guards until you reach the gray container on your right. Climb on it, then climb up to the upper level. You will find yourself face to face with several yellow birds. You do not need all of them to enter the shot. One is enough to consider this graffiti completed.
- Yellow Bird 5: Immediately turn right and go up the ladder, then back up the stairs to the right. Look to the left and you will see the yellow bird under the longest ladder. Go downstairs to photograph it properly.
- Yellow Bird 6: Go up the stairs and go through the door. As soon as you cross it, look left at the top. This is the last yellow bird.
Was my Hitman 3 shortcuts and yellow birds guide useful? Please let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below, or make sure to read my Hitman 3 review. Need help with the fundamentals? Here is my complete Hitman 3 tips and tricks guide. Need more help? Here is my complete how to transfer progress and maps from Hitman 1+2 guide, and here is my secret ending and codes guide.