Jet Lancer will be receiving a brand-new update today on Steam. The first update since the 1.0.10 update for Switch, this one focuses less on bug fixes and more on new content. For those who don’t know what Jet Lancer is, it’s a game that brings back the classic aerial dogfighting of games like Time Pilot.
Previously at BagoGames, we talked about this game’s announcement and even reviewed the Switch version. If you like aerial combat games, this game is most certainly for you. You can watch Jet Lancer’s original release trailer here.
The New Jet Lancer Update
Currently out for Steam users, the new Jet Lancer update is absolutely free to both Steam and Nintendo Switch players. Included within the update is the following (via a press release):
- An endless wave-based score-attack mode.
- Unique, stacking upgrades, making each run one-of-a-kind. The longer you survive, the more powerful you become.
- Multi-boss battles – fight multiple bosses from the story mode at the same time.
- Three new pilots with unique jets and handling.
- New Progressions system to unlock additional pilots and their jets
- Three new primary weapons
- Flamethrower: Immense repeatable damage at very close range.
- Railgun: Instantaneous precision shots.
- Coil Gun: Chain lightning between grouped enemies
These new offline features add to the overall replayability of Jet Lancer tremendously. They also show that the developments for this game aren’t exactly over yet. Jet Lancer is available now to purchase on Steam and Nintendo Switch (via the eShop). The brand-new update is also available for Steam players, but is releasing soon for Switch players.
What do you think of the new Jet Lancer update? Do you want to try the new modes? Do you like the way the game is? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
If you liked this article, be sure to read our review of Jet Lancer here.