While there are many ideal games to enjoy with a mouse and keyboard, there are many gamers who prefer to use a controller on a computer. If you have a PlayStation 5, you are probably curious on how to use your DualSense on your PC. Cause I mean, who wants to waste money on extra unnecessary controllers. Luckily for you, I made the entire process much easier. Here is my complete how to use PS5’s DualSense on PC guide.
There are, in fact, several ways to connect PS5’s DualSense to your PC. You also have the possibility of having the controller recognized by Steam, so that you can freely use it in the games in your library that support this type of peripheral. This is a sensible choice, considering that the controller is ergonomic and very comfortable to use. However, it is worth pointing out that by using PS5’s DualSense on your PC, not all features will be available.
Take note that these are features such as haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, or the 3.5mm jack port for connecting headphones. In fact, in order to be exploited, these features must be taken into account by the developers themselves. It goes without saying that on PC, they do not develop the titles with the PlayStation 5 peripheral in mind. However, you can still use DualSense normally, even if you do not have haptic feedback or adaptive triggers. Let’s see how to use PS5’s DualSense on PC.
HOW TO CONNECT USING USB CABLE
- Get PS5’s DualSense and a USB-C to USB-A (or USB-C, if your PC has such a port) cable.
- Connect the cables to their respective ports.
- The PC will automatically detect the new device.
HOW TO CONNECT USING BLUETOOTH
- Get PS5’s DualSense and a PC with a Bluetooth receiver. If you do not have a receiver included with your PC, you can purchase a dedicated dongle.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button for a few seconds along with the Share button. The controller’s bright LED around the trackpad will begin to blink.
- Go to your PC’s Bluetooth settings from Start > Settings > Devices. In Bluetooth, your PC will automatically detect the Wireless Controller.
- Click to associate PS5’s DualSense with your PC.
- In case your PC asks you for a Bluetooth pairing code, put the generic 0000.
HOW TO CONNECT USING STEAM
Most players have their own library on Steam. On this client, you can use PS5’s DualSense by following the below procedure.
- Click on Steam and go to Settings.
- Go to Controller.
- Go to General Settings.
- At this point, connect your PS5’s DualSense with Bluetooth or use the controller’s USB cable.
- Now that you are done, Steam will detect a new controller. It will ask you to proceed with the configuration.
- Set the buttons as you like.
- Save your controller settings and give it any name you like.
- Go to Controller Settings.
- Check Generic Gamepad Support and PlayStation Configuration Support.
Was my how to use PS5’s DualSense on PC guide useful? Please let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to read all our PS5 reviews!
[…] Source link […]